Friday 24 August 2012

Smooth...Knock On Wood

I Made it to TO!! I guess I wasn't quite ready to leave yesterday but the China Gods felt I was today...thank goodness! Mom, Dad, and I were up again this morning at 3:30 and headed off to the airport...Dad driving while Mom and I kept an eye on the stars (determined that if we could see stars that had to mean that I could fly out). Qualified Star Readers (yes, I might add that to my CV). We got my bags re-tagged, I saw a friend who I haven't seen in a long time (Stephanie Boyle) in line on her way to Korea, and then we sat and chatted for a little while. Note to all: the second "official goodbye" makes you look like a controlled and composed pro (or a heartless human being) to all onlookers. Although it was very difficult saying goodbye (Officially) to Mom and Dad I think the three of us would agree that we handled it (in public) a tad bit better than yesterday. I am really going to miss my family (JB included) and friends but am ready to get this new adventure underway!! Thanks to technology (when it works), it'll be like I never left (Dad, I know this excites you ;) hahaha)!
Oh and for those of you who heard the 'beautiful' stories from my last trip over to China...
The first thing the stewardess said to me upon boarding the cramped aircraft (tin-can with wings): 
"You are so beautiful"...and it begins! hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment