Wednesday 20 March 2013

Marching through March


March is a month that I’m finding difficult to blog about. It’s been an interesting month thus far and to be honest I’m feeling ready to say hello to April. My favorite day of the month (so far) was Sunday the 10th (I’m pretty sure, if not the Sunday previous). I went off to tutoring, which went very well, and met up with Josh, his dad, Michael and Emma for Josh’s dad’s going away brunch at Gypsy’s in Shekou. We had a yummy meal, said our good byes, got a frozen yogurt and headed home. It was such a beautiful day that we decided it had to be spent outside. We all got changed, packed the cooler, grabbed some balls from the P.E. office and were in the park by early afternoon. We found the perfect spot, listened to music, played a ton of different games and relaxed. From there we went to Savarona for supper. It was perfect. 
I’ve had a bit of a tough month here in Shenzhen but I feel pretty lucky to have such wonderful friends.  We’re still having a lot (sometimes too much?) fun and laugh until it hurts on a daily basis. Some of you may not be surprised to learn that I have not improved on my joke telling skills. If it’s possible I think I may be getting worse? But, obviously this does not mean that I will stop trying but must try harder and tell more (although I have been begged to stop on a couple of occasions by these people that I call friends) hahaha! 
Well, I think I'm mostly caught up! 2013 has been a year of laughter, fun, learning, reading, change, and many more things thus far. I'm think that I have probably said this in every post but I really mean it when I say that I cannot believe how fast time is flying. I'll be back in my beautiful small town of Hampton with my family in no time at all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment