Monday 18 March 2013

January was a bit of a blur...


To be completely honest the time left in January after Christmas vacation to the beginning of February is all a bit of a blur. Did it even happen? I’m not convinced. I got back from vacation and it was back to reality (which I really can’t complain about but we all do at times, don’t we?). Having had such a wonderful time in Thailand with John made it difficult to get back into the swing of things – schedules, kids and not being able to eat/drink/sleep whenever I wanted, yikes. Although we all experienced a bit of the back-to-school depressies we all made it through and it was nice for all of us to be back together again. It’s awfully strange not being with the friends that you spend everyday with for two full weeks. We spent this time working, having gatherings, and planning our next trip (surprise, surprise). Chinese New Year was coming fast and furious and we were All ready for it. I’m not quite sure how any of us are ever going to go from teaching here where we get 2 weeks for Christmas vacation and then another 2 weeks a month later for Chinese New Year…we’ve been spoiled!
The boys looking daper (Michael, Joel and Patrick) 

Events:
      Joyce and Kenneth’s wedding - The first and last billionaire wedding I will most likely ever be invited to.
-        
      Chinese New Year Party hosted by the school for all employees. Some people won TVs and iPads. I won pink bed sheets. Dream come true (this would be the time to be hit with a pang of jealousy. HA!).

      

      Our First Class Trip in Grade 2!
      We went to Window of the World and it was a wonderful time! The kids really enjoyed themselves and it was such a neat place - we got to visit miniature versions of many famous places around the world. We even took the kids to the Alps where they could go sliding!! It was freezing. It reminded me of how much I love the fact that I can wear flats all year round here in China :) haha!  

Like I said, the time between the two vacations was a bit of a blur but we certainly enjoyed ourselves with group breakfasts, evening cocktails, and I was running a lot (I even ran my first 19km! It was at this time that I began gearing myself up to register for a ½ marathon).  

No comments:

Post a Comment