Monday 20 May 2013

Monday Madness Meet Cozy and Peaceful!


What a day!!

Monday is most often Madness here in Miss. Hoopah’s grade 2 class; just ask Mariya who has to have them in her neat and tidy library in the afternoon. Yesterday was no exception (except one student was missing which made a miraculous difference) and by 4 I was ready to Get Out! This is when it comes in handy showing up to work an hour early every morning – I don’t normally have much that I have to do in the afternoons as I use my mornings and my preps to get things preparedJ But, I digress. Yesterday had been an extremely hot day (as they all have been lately) and all I wanted was to be consumed by an ice-cold pool with chilly refreshments. Due to the fact that I did this all weekend I felt I had to go with my second ideal…throw on my workout clothes and hit the gym. Apparently the gym owners feel that a/c would be a waste of money at the gym that I am a member of here in Shenzhen because it’s stifling in there! I step on the treadmill and even my wrists are sweating (Shenzhen has taught us all that you can sweat in places you never thought possible).
 The heat of the gym also doesn’t help when running on the treadmill and having to stare at the outdoor pool across the road…it just stares at you and laughs. Anyway! I had a great workout at the gym (at least it felt like it had to be great with the amount I had sweat), changed into my bathing suit and headed next door for a pool workout.  I couldn’t have been happier diving into a fresh pool (without skin whitener in it) and getting my mile in J (thank goodness for Edward who has lent me his hotel key so I get a reduced rate). 
After the swim I grabbed my mango smoothie, some fruit for today and then headed home. After my shower it was rather dark out but I wasn’t so keen on sitting in my room … I knew 7:00pm was too early to fall asleep. So, I took my things down to 5th and cozied up in the Acoustic Corner and began my new Nicholas Sparks book. 

Just as I settled in the thunder and lightening began their show and the skies opened – I loved sitting outside listening to the rain!! Cozy and Peaceful.
On account of enjoying my Monday afternoon/evening so much I have full intentions of going for round2 today…if the thunder and lightening storm ends in time for the pool after the gym that is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment