Thursday 18 October 2012

The Teacher @ Parent Teacher Meetings...

I have survived my first round of Parent Teacher Meetings and I am thrilled to report that I was overly prepared! 

Evening #1: I had 6 meetings booked, 2 cancelled at the beginning of the week and I was stood up by my first. They showed up an hour later, thank goodness it wasn't a dinner date as I would have been starving. They all went well and thankfully the parents were well aware of their children's behavioural struggles (no surprise is a good surprise). 

Day #2: Today went really well, again parents were well aware of who their students are...although in a few meetings both yesterday and today I felt as though I was giving parenting advice. It all makes so much more sense when parents admit to me (while laughing, like it's a joke) that their child has the run of the household and that they 'have no control' over their kids. ANYWAY, parent teacher was an enlightening experience to say the least. 

We decided to celebrate earlier today (since we all survived our meetings) with a game of vball. Our game turned into us playing the Chinese school which we won (luckily, since it was all on film). Then we went for celebratory drinks at KingWay. We're now 'prepping' for an evening out. 

It's still very strange having been the teacher at Parent Teacher...WILD! 

No comments:

Post a Comment