Wednesday 26 September 2012

From the Mouths of Babes...


Miss. Hoopa, people say I’m good at eating (comes to my desk to tell me this after I finish telling the class that we have to do our best to eat all of our food)

Miss. Hoopa, basketball people are horrible (the ending to a long story about a basketball practice that happened a week previous to the story)

Miss. Hoopa, even though they promised they won't really do it because last time they promised me and they didn’t do it but maybe today they will do it because they promised you they would. (this child was not breathing or making any sense. Sometimes they just like to chat.)

Miss. Hoopa, I only write true (after I asked if his story was real or make-believe)

Miss Hoopa, I Looooooove Math (Me: That’s fantastic! Me too!...Grade 2 has turned me into a liar)

In the day they all good but in the night, it’s all party (enough said)

A Double Period of Math!!! Oh Miss. Hoopa, I soooo excited!!

Why are we practicing Read to Self?
To become Longer Stronger Readers! (Best answer!!)

Mom!! Oh…I mean…Miss. Hoopa (giggle)

Miss. Hoopa, I have a really hard core!! (Speaking about her math pattern core being difficult)

Miss. Hoopa, I want to be on your team! (We were in the middle of silent reading, there were no teams)

Sooo Gooood Miss. Hoopa, So Good!

Miss. Hoopa, I a wild car (speaking about having a wild card while playing Canada Food Guide bingo)

Miss. Hoopa, I want long har (hair) just like you one day. Sooo beautiful. 

(after a very long winded story:) Miss. Hoopa, I sorry. That was a tattle, not a tell. - walks away    (we're working on the difference between tattling and telling, it's necessary) 

No comments:

Post a Comment