Wednesday 12 March 2014

It truly is March Madness♡


Mariya and I decided to begin the month right with manis and pedis; how can a month go wrong with fresh hands and feet? I spent March’s first week in HK with Gina and Mariya. We ate at Mariya and my favorite restaurant (Life) and spent some time puttering around the Ladies Market before doing some Wedding shoe shopping for Gina. Late on we met up with Ross, Joel and Nicole for dinner and drinks to celebrate Gina’s acceptance into her Masters program; I haven’t seen someone so truly happy, excited and surprised in a very long time. After dinner, we got some drinks and hunkered down to watch Jasen’s hockey team kill it before heading back home across the 24/hr border. It was a Wonderfully full HK day – one of those days that make me wonder why I don’t go there more often (I Love HK haha)!



In the world of school things have been very busy! We recently celebrated RASK (Random Acts of Student Kindness) week and are now gearing up for Heritage Fair (a fair focused on celebrating the different cultures that are represented here at ISNS). We’re studying Spain for the fair and the kids are very excited about learning some fun Spanish words. Our RASK project was to create hearts with kind words/comments on them and to deliver them to all teachers at ISNS as well as give everyone a hug – it was adorable. Who doesn’t love a good hug (especially from a sweet grade 2 student)!?
This past weekend will forever be ranked as one of my top weekends of the year here in Shenzhen– it completely caught me off guard in a great way:) I had spent the week thinking that I would have a nice and relaxing weekend; one that would include cooking some nice meals, watching some movies, doing some work, pinteresting and catching up on some sleep (and of course visiting with Mariya and probably going to the gym). I did none of those things (Mariya and I visited through texting haha)! Hahaha This weekend included dinner on the ship in Shekou, drinks and dancing, walks and talks, my first tunnel rave and Laurie’s baby shower. It was a mixed bag of goodness and a weekend that has me still smiling almost a week later hahaha

Life is Good.

                    

No comments:

Post a Comment