Sunday 24 November 2013

Sleep Deprived but Happy!


This past weekend was yet another one for the books; my soul is very happy but my body is telling me that it needs a break (it could be said that this is because it's been go, go, go). Thursday night a few of us got dressed up and attended the Stella Artois Food and Drink Awards Gala. It was a great evening filled with entertainment, free food and drinks and laughter. I even won a beautiful docking station for my iPhone for smiling and cheering! 
Friday night was ‘date night’ for a large group of us who ordered in Bombay and then went to see Catching Fire at the theatre in Coastal City. It was my first time going to the movies here in China and it was such a treat! I really enjoyed the movie, dare I say it was better than the first. Although I was so glad to have gone out, I was a little worried that I wasn’t going to make it on the walk home due to exhaustion from the week. Luckily, I made it through my door and the next thing I knew, I was waking up on Saturday morning. 
I took Saturday to myself and had a nice putter day. It began with being Skyped into Thom Swift's house party in Sussex, NB with my parents and some family friends...a Great start to my day:) After the show, I went for coffee, puttered around McDonald’s Market and then made a yummy lunch that I ate on the roof. It was a beautifully sunny day and after eating I decided it was the perfect time for a siesta...so I laid out my towel and had a dozed off for a bit. It’s hard to believe that there is snow dusting the ground back home while I’m here in +27 degree weather (although it is starting to cool off around here). Jennie, Kathryn and I were ready and raring to go at around 4:30 to head to HK for our Big Night with Boyce Avenue (a spontaneous purchase on Friday afternoon). 
After picking up some road pops we were able to get across the border quite smoothly and made it to The AsiaWorld Expo with time to grab a drink and prepare ourselves for an hour and a half of dancing and singing. Boyce Avenue was Absolutely Spectacular live!! It was as though they were playing in our living room! Despite the large venue there weren’t a great deal seats, which was perfect as it allowed us to get up close and personal, as they say. We were front and center leaving about 2 meters between the talent and us: What a Treat!! 
When it was all said and done we lingered in hopes of meeting our future husbands (Michael and Josh included) but alas, no ring (we did meet Fabian, one of Alejandro’s brothers though…dreamy). We decided it was too early and we were all too excited to simply go home so Michael, Josh, Kathryn, Jennie and I decided to head to Lang Kwai Fun for a night out. It was my first time back to the crazy bar street and I had really missed it! We had a wonderful time barhopping and dancing before grabbing a quick bite and taking the 24hour bus home. I hit the pillow at 5:30am after setting my alarm for 8:30am (insert dread here).
Worlds worst human hashtag
 Sunday morning came much too quickly but I strapped on my sneakers and Mariya and I hit the pavement for our 18k. We were a little worried halfway through when our WaterBoy, the one-and-only Ross Henderson, was MIA but he turned up, we finished our run and enjoyed a delicious Boathouse Breaky! By the time Mariya and I made it home I had just enough energy to do some laundry and clean up my room. I was in bed around 4, watched a few episodes of Revenge and was asleep before my sheets were dry around 8o’clock.


No comments:

Post a Comment